We just received the news, that we are approved as potential adoptive parents. We go into the pool (with all the other waiting parents). I’m so ready to swim.
On her last visit, the social worker PROMISED that we should be approved today, for the past weeks I kept checking the mail expecting to find a letter from CPS telling us that we are approved as adoptive parents and that we are going into the Parents Pool. We have not received this letter! The waiting continues… We can’t wait to swim in the pool with all the other fortunate Parents, please let it be tomorrow.
I feel that we are as ready as we will ever be! Event though after we get approved the average waiting time for a placement is 6 months, I still can’t wait to know that we have officially become part of the pool. This will be such a big milestone.
The six month wait means that; we have six months to:
1.Go to the movies every Friday after work,
2. Work late every workday,
3. Get out bed late on the weekends,
4. Go to school after working all day,
5. Not cook/prepare breakfast every morning,
6. Go out-of-town on a last-minute trip (like Las Vegas),
7. Commute to work everyday,
8. Go to bed later every school night,
9. Watch what we want on TV
10. Get all of my husbands attention
So even when more waiting is in our future, there a lot of things I can enjoy end cherish until then.